|Make this cauliflower cheese soup in 30 minutes.|
Cauliflower cheese soup is creamy (but no cream or milk) and so flavourful that you hardly need to add seasoning.
Adapted from Moosewood Cookbook. The original recipe calls for ¾ cup of milk and 2 cups (packed) of grated cheddar rather than parmesan. Suit yourself but I prefer this less rich version.
Effortless Cauliflower Cheese SoupCourse: Soups, Vegetarian
4 – 6servings
This is a creamy soup without the cream and so flavourful that you hardly need to add seasoning.
1-2 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped, including the core (set aside 2 cups of florets)
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 cups water
½ cup grated parmesan
1 tsp dill (dried), or a sprig of dill weed.
Freshly ground pepper
- Place vegetables, garlic, salt and water in a Dutch oven, put the lid on and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- With an immersion blender puree soup. (Or puree in a blender or food processor).
- Stir in the parmesan and dill (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until just tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with steamed cauliflower, a little fresh parsley or chives and a sprinkling of parmesan.