Pumpkin & Molasses Oatmeal Cookies are thick, soft textured, wholesome and filling.
Pumpkin & Molasses Oatmeal CookiesCourse: CookiesDifficulty: Easy
These cookies have everything you love about a thick oatmeal cookie, with a little softness from the pumpkin and loads of flavour.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup molasses
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk flour, rolled oats, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk the melted butter and oil with molasses, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Stir in the egg yolk then the pumpkin and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin mixture to bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. (Dough will be thick and sticky.)
- Drop dough by the spoonful (2 Tbsp.) or using a medium cookie scoop, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies feel set in the centre.
- This is a soft cookie. If you’d like them a bit firmer bake them longer.
If you prefer a crunchy oatmeal cookies that’s buttery and has no extras you’ll love my mom’s recipe for classic oatcakes