Crispy Parmesan Oven-Fried Chicken is my go-to main dish when I’m feeding a crowd, especially during the summer. It’s so easy to cook a big batch and the chicken is good served hot or cold.
Crispy Parmesan Oven-Fried ChickenCourse: Chicken & TurkeyDifficulty: Easy
Crispy Parmesan Oven-Fried Chicken – easy to prep, always moist and flavourful.
8 chicken legs (or a combination of breasts and legs)
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. coarse salt
1 ½ tsp. dried herbes de Provence or oregano
1 ½ tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Lay the chicken pieces in a single layer in a very large baking dish (use two dishes if necessary)
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub it into the chicken skin.
- In a bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over the chicken pieces, coating them well.
- Bake at 425 F for about 45 min, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, basting at least twice with pan juices.