Some of the best recipes come with names…
Recipes can sometimes take on a persona of sorts when the name of some generous cook travels with them.
- If you’re using canned black beans choose brands that have a BPA-free lining. (Here’s how to reduce your BPA exposure.)
- Choose organic bell peppers and cherry tomatoes when possible since both are high in pesticide residue (Dirty Dozen)
Sweet Pepper Black Bean SalsaCourse: Appetizers, Salads, Vegan
Sweet Pepper Black Bean Salsa is great with tortilla chips or added to tacos. The bright flavours of lime & cilantro give it a delicious lift.
1 can black beans, drained (about 1 ½ cups cooked black beans)
1 1/2 cups of frozen corn thawed and lightly cooked
1 red pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
½ red onion, minced
1-2 jalapenos, seeds removed, minced
½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup good olive oil
½ tsp. cumin
Generous pinch of cayenne (optional)
½ tsp. salt
½ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil into the lime juice and whisk in the cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Toss with the bean mixture then fold in the cilantro.