Shrimp Spaghetti with Zucchini Noodles and Whole Wheat Pasta is a tasty 30-minute meal. Adding toothsome whole wheat pasta adds great texture so every bite isn’t just a mouthful of zucchini. Keeps it from being slippery too.
Shrimp Spaghetti with Zucchini Noodles and Whole Wheat PastaCourse: Fish and SeafoodCuisine: SeafoodDifficulty: Easy
Shrimp Spaghetti with Zucchini Noodles and Whole Wheat Pasta is a tasty 30-minute meal. Adding toothsome whole wheat pasta adds great texture so every bite isn’t just a mouthful of zucchini.
½ a box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
4 smallish zucchini
1 cup peas
1 lb. cold water shrimp
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 green onions, sliced (white & green parts)
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chili flakes
Juice & zest of half a lemon
Sea salt & pepper to taste
½ cup fresh grated parmesan
¼ cup chopped parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Spiralize zucchini and carrot and set aside.
- Warm a large saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add oil until it shimmers and then toss in green onions and garlic.
- Cook for one minute then add the paprika & chili flakes.
- Cook another minute then add shrimp.
- When warmed through, add spiralized vegetables and peas. Toss to combine with sauce and when the vegetables are just warmed through add the cooked pasta and a little of the reserved cooking water.
- Toss until heated through, season with salt & pepper. (Add more reserved cooking water if you need/want more sauce.)
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the lemon zest, parmesan & parsley.